The Michigan Philharmonic CLASSical Music Partnership is a unique music program designed to introduce 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students to classical music and the instruments of the orchestra.
Developed in collaboration with teachers to complement standard elementary curricula, the CLASSical Music Partnership has the following goals and objectives:
- Supplement and enhance school music programs
- Integrate music into the Science and Language Arts Curricula
- Give students the experience of live performances with professional musicians
- Hear classical music students might recognize by great composers
- Educate students about composers and music
- Demonstrate the four instrument families of the orchestra
- Learn about musical composition by working with professional classical music composers in the classroom
CLASSical Music Partnership consists of three programs designed specifically for third , fourth and fifth grade curricula. Though intended to be a series, the programs may be implemented separately.
For more information on this program please contact Jane Libbing- Education Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org